Ingredients and Materials
- Aduki beans or chickpeas or any whole dried bean (as many as you’ll eat in salads, stirfrys etc)
- A Jar, colander and clean cloth.
1) Rinse the beans, then cover in water and soak overnight.
2) The next day, tip the beans into the colander and rinse thoroughly. Allow to drain then place in the jar and cover the mouth with a cloth to allow the beans to breath. Leave the jar in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
3) Rinse and drain the beans twice a day until they have tails at least 1/2cm long. Taste your sprouts after each rinse, as texture and flavour changes over time.
4) Give your sprouts a final rinse and then leave them to drain for a few hours. In a sealed jar your sprouts will keep in the fridge for 3-6 weeks.
Total time: 3 days – 1 week.
Now… use them in a quick stir fry: Bean Sprout Stir Fry