Using the Food Hub is easy
1) If you aren’t yet a member you can sign up here.
3) Click ‘FoodHub Shop’ to browse and order from the range of local and non-local produce available. There are categories to help your search (eg. ‘Fruit & Veg’), or your can browse through it all.
4) Orders are placed on a weekly ordering cycle. Orders close 11:59pm Tuesday each week. Please note that we update the prices of some products on a Monday, so if you order over the weekend, you may find a slight price difference on your statement.
5) We offer a range of payment methods; we ideally prefer bank transfer or Paypal. Please note there is a small additional charge to you, to pay by Paypal. Our bank details can be found in the Welcome Pack, and are also displayed when you place your order. We can accept cheque, cash and Healthy Start Vouchers by special arrangement. We aim to take payment before delivery as this is one of the ways we keep our prices low. We also ask that you send us a message via the website when you’ve paid, including your member number, to help us tie it all up.
6) You will receive an automated confirmation of your order on the Wednesday. This includes the details of your chosen pick-up point.
7) Our packing and delivery day is Friday. Home deliveries happen on a Friday afternoon (by special arrangement only). If you opt to pick up from a pick up point these are open either Friday or Saturday. Find out when your chosen pick up point is open here.
Note: Check the Order Date when you are ordering. Orders received on Wednesday – Saturday will not be ready for pick up this week, but for the following week.
Don’t forget, there are lots of benefits to being a member:
– Can order online each week from the wide range of amazing local produce.
– Receive our weekly local food newsletter.
– Can get involved! There are lots of ways to help build a local food system that works! And regular volunteers can receive 10% off each order. Find out more here.
– Join the network of like minded people working together to create a food system that is fair. Together we can bring Food Sovereignty to the Forest of Dean.