Happy New Year Everyone! It’s great to be welcoming in 2014 with you.
We want 2014 to be a ground breaking year for local food in the Forest and further afield. Here are a few aims of the Food Hub for this coming year:.
- Begin running Seasonal General Meetings, bringing together as many Food Hub consumer and producer members as possible to chat about how local food can nourish and flourish! Over a pot luck dinner.
- Work with the Food Banks and local growers to provide a free or super-low cost mini veg box with recipes and contacts of local farms encourage volunteers and pay veg in exchange
- Expand our range to include more dairy (cheese, milk), herbs, spices and other things YOU would like to see.
- Support a free Plot-to-Pot workshop series in which participants learn how to grow their own fruit and veg and how to make it into year round seasonal tasty food.
- Expand the info available on the website, with more resources, tips, tricks, events, updates and all the things a Hub website should host.
- Connect with more local people who would like to buy local food. And connect with more local producers who would like an easy route to a local market.
So, 2014 promises to be a big year for the Food Hub. If you are not yet a member, sign up here and we’ll keep you fully informed with our weekly member email. And if you’d like to support any of the projects of activities you see here please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for supporting local food in the Forest!