This quick and simple recipe takes about 10 minutes to cook, cost a couple of quick and can be made with almost all local, seasonal ingredients. Perfect!
250g bean sprouts (try aduki or chickpeas) Here’s how to sprout your own!
250g egg noodles
250g beef (go for an inexpensive cut of local, organic beef)
3 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves
6 spring onions
2 sticks of celery
1 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp beef stock or bouillon
2 tbsp soy sauce
1) Cook egg noodles to directions
2) Cut beef into very thin strips, 5cm long.
3) Heat oil in large pan to very high temperature. Add meat and fry to seal for 1min.
4) Lower heat to med-high. Stir in finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, finely chopped spring onions and finely chopped celery.
5) Add ginger, stock, soy sauce and fry over moderate heat until meat is tender (about 15mins). Season.
6) Lower heat to low-med and add drained noodles and bean sprouts. Heat through, stirring well. Serve.